Christmas Giving Tree
On behalf of the charities the St. Peter’s Giving Tree program supports, we would like to thank all the parishioners that helped to make this year’s Giving Tree a huge success. Once again we exceeded expectations and were able to provide gifts to over 90 individual children and 4 families, and over 190 additional gifts and $1050 in gift cards that will be dispersed to those in need by the Society of St. Vincent de Paul, the Roosevelt Care Center, NJ Veterans Memorial Home, Catholic Charities, and the Metuchen Diocese Office for Persons with Disabilities. Without our parishioners' generosity and support, the Giving Tree program would not be able to provide the greatly needed assistance to the charities this program supports.
Special thanks to Gary & Rho Markiewicz, who coordinate the Giving Tree program, Roseanne McManus, Carmel Mangarella, Nancy Zerbe and Pete Materna for all their help distributing gifts.
2016 Giving Tree Information
The Christmas Giving Trees will be decorated with tags for the 2016 holiday season beginning the weekend of November 19 & 20. Please take a tag. The groups who will beneﬁt from your generosity are:
1. The Children’s Center of Edison (a Parent/Child Early Intervention Program sponsored by the Cerebral Palsy Association of Middlesex Co.)
2. Roosevelt Care Center at Edison (seniors in long term care)
3. The Society of St. Vincent De Paul, Diocese of Metuchen Council (children from infancy to 18 years old, and adults)
4. Catholic Charities – Diocese of Metuchen
5. The Youth Enrichment Services Early Learning Center (a Catholic Charities Partners Program)
6. The Youth Enrichment Services School Age Child Care (a Catholic Charities Partners Program)
7. New Jersey Veterans Memorial Home at Menlo Park
8. Office for Persons with Disabilities - Diocese of Metuchen
Please do not wrap gifts and attach the tags to each gift. If donating a gift card, please write the dollar amount on the gift card. Gift cards should be placed in the collection basket during Mass; other gifts can be placed in the vestibule of the church. We would appreciate if gift cards are returned by December 4th. All gifts must be returned by the weekend of December 17th and 18th.
Volunteers are needed to help collect, sort and/or deliver the gifts to each organization. Please contact Gary Markiewicz at (732) 266-8766 if you would like to help.